10 Steps to Relocating Your Office Communications
Moving your business can be challenging, for you, your employees, and your customers. The last thing you want to worry about is your communications. Here is a checklist to make moving all your networking and communications easier:
- Check Service Availability at New Location: Before signing a lease, make sure phone and internet providers can offer you the same service for a similar price. Service providers may not deliver the same network speeds or service at all in some locations. This could negatively impact your business with slower network speeds and/or increase your communications expenses.
- Audit your Services: Make a thorough audit and listing of all your phone lines, internet access, fire and burglar alarm lines, credit card, fax and postage machines. Figure out what you have now and if that need will change at your new location.
- Evaluate Service Providers: A move is a great time to check other service providers to see what is available, possibly saving you money and upgrading your services. SoundTel can provide a free communications analysis.
- Schedule Services at your new location: Do this at least 30 days in advance of your move.
- Create a floor plan of your new site: Note cable requirements, the number of telephone lines and user extension numbers.
- Schedule Voice and Data Cabling: To be done in conjunction with other construction. If no construction needed, schedule a pre-field with your equipment provider.
- Evaluate Phone and Voice Mail System: This is a great time to upgrade to a new system and save the cost of moving your current system. SoundTel can provide a free Check-in: a 15 minute no cost / no obligation communication assessment.
- Schedule Phone and Voice Mail System move: Schedule move and purchase additional equipment as needed. SoundTel can handle moving and installing your current system, even if you didn’t buy it from SoundTel.
- Review Current Voicemail Greetings: Make sure you include a mention of your move and your new address.
- Notify Staff of Schedule and changes: Set up a short meeting with your staff so they are aware of everything involved in the communication system move. This will help avoid any missed customer contacts.
SoundTel can help in all aspects of your move and would like to be your local communications provider. For over 30 years, we have assisted companies like yours in their every communications need. Our professional staff will make any job a worry-free experience for you and your employees, saving the headache and stress of trying to do it yourselves. We are a local, family-owned business invested in our community. All it takes is a quick phone call to (425) 481-5493 and you can focus on the important work, your business.